Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Morrissey makes the front page at CNN.com

If you click on the title of this blog entry, you'll be whisked (sp?) off to cnn.com, where our beloved Moz is profiled by CNN as the one that might "cheer up Eurovision." It was nice to see the singer's face on the front page of CNN.com. It should be noted that Morrissey holds Eurovision in a special place in his heart. Early in his life, Morrissey fell in love with Italian singer Gigliola Cinquetti who, with her song Si, placed second at the 1974 Eurofestival. Morrissey seems to appreciate the somewhat kitschy and very uncool notion of the song contest. I write about Morrissey's relationship to song contests, and in particular Italian song contests from the 1970s, in the concluding remarks of my doctoral dissertation.

I did mention that my defense is on February 2nd?

Although I'm not a big fan of mobile phones, does anyone want to buy me a brand new Apple iPhone?



(photo courtesy of apple.com)

No comments: