Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Macbooks are here!

So Apple released new MacBooks today, to replace the iBook. They look very nice except for the glossy screen, which I'm not sure I like. As some others have said, my failing eyes might not be able to take all the glare that might accompany a glossy screen. Otherwise, they're beautiful laptops and I wouldn't mind picking one up.

I'm working through my fifth and last chapter of my dissertation, but I need to go through the whole thing again, taking into account my supervisor's comments on the first three sections of the paper. I also need to revise my conclusions, and, since I'm presenting at a conference in 2 weeks, I need to write something new. If I want to include this new material, I might need to change the order of my chapters. This isn't that big of a deal, but I'm used to the order as it is and I'm afraid to change it.

I guess that's what happens, though. I wish someone would have told me that this process is difficult before I started.

No comments: