Sunday, November 21, 2010

Stupid cars

I'm pretty depressed right now about vehicular transportation, especially automobiles.

This week, the local Toyota dealer called us asking us to come in. They were low on used cars, Yarises in particular, so they invited us to bring it in, and they would "give us a deal" for bringing it in early (we're leasing). Well, after a tiring 2 hour debacle, we signed a contract to purchase a 2010 Yaris sedan that was coming from somewhere else. Immediately after leaving the showroom, we began to second guess ourselves. Not 14 hours after signing the contract, we asked to get out of the deal. We were able to, but the dealer insisted that we pay for the transportation of the car from one dealer to another.

Then, this morning, coming out of the driveway, the front end of the car "brushed" with the snowbank and made a big noise. I wasn't very worried. After church, we noticed that the bumper was damaged and coming off on one side. We snapped it back as best we could, but you could imagine how I felt after that.

Right now, we are considering finishing up the lease and not getting a car at all. With this latest bumper incident, perhaps we will not even buy this current car. I don't know.

I just don't get it. I know that for many, this would not be a big deal. But to me, this is just such a downer.

No comments: