Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Today is the first day of the rest of your life ...

But, of course, tomorrow is also the first day of the rest of your life. And the day after that, too. Basically, until the day you die, this is the case.

Still, I haven't blogged here for months and months. I was on Sabbatical last fall with big plans to blog and read, but I spent most of my time writing (and going to Walt Disney World). The Bowie book has been sent off to the publishers and it should be published soon-ish (perhaps in the fall, at the latest).

I started reading Roland Barthes' A Lover's Discourse: Fragments, a Barthes book that I had not yet read. I made it two-thirds of the way through, and then this new semester started. I will get back into it, I promise.

I was looking at the books on my shelf and saw a curious volume called On Racine, by Barthes, that I have never read (I don't even remember ever looking inside of it, but of course, I must have). That should be the next book I read.

As I mentioned, today is the first day of the rest of my life, so I will get on with it.

No comments: